Friday, September 7, 2012

Pandebono (Colombian Cheese bread)


Pandebono (Colombian Cheese bread

Pandebono is a traditional colombian cheese bread. I have been getting a lot of e-mails asking me for this recipe, so here it is my friends. I made these delicious pandebonos last week and they came out perfectly and were delicious. For a minute, I did not miss Colombia while eating these fantastic cheese balls, accompanied by a cup of Colombian coffee of course. I ate so many of them, I could not get up from the couch for a while. Try them, you’ll thank me for it 
Buen Provecho!
Ingredients
(12 pandebonos)
2/3 cup cassava starch or yuca flour
1/4 cup precooked cornmeal or masarepa
1 cup Mexican queso freso or Colombian quesito
1 1/4 cup feta cheese
1 large egg
Directions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a food processor, place the yuca flour, cheese and masarepa. Process until well combined. Add the egg slowly while food processor is running.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 equal size portions, shaping them into balls.
4. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden on top. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment